Learning Using the Creative Arts (ARTS 1000)
This course will introduce students to the creative arts by providing opportunities to experience, create and guide others to create art in a variety of modes such as visual art, music or drama. In addition, you will learn about the impact of the creative arts on human development and explore the role of the creative arts in culture.
1. Foundational elements and / or principles of the given creative art disciplines.
2. Basic vocabulary of the given creative art disciplines.
3. Exposure to a variety of artistic expressions.
4. Creating art in a variety of modes.
5. Guiding others to create art in a variety of modes.
6. Impact of creative arts on human development.
1. Respond critically to the creative arts using appropriate vocabulary of the structural elements and principles.
2. Perform and/or create using the basic elements and processes of the creative arts.
3. Guide others to perform and / or create art.
4. Discuss functions and purposes of the creative arts within culture.
5. Discuss research on the impact of the creative arts on human development.