The Political Science Transfer Pathway AA offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Political Science bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the 7 Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status.
All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
*This transfer pathway in Associate of Arts in Political Science will transfer to the following majors:
- Bemidji State University: Political Science, BA
- Metropolitan State University: Social Science, BA
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Political Science, BS
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Political Science, BA
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Political Science, BA
- St. Cloud State University: Political Science, BA
- Winona State University: Political Science (minor required), BA
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Analyze political problems, arguments, information, and/or theories.
2. Apply political science concepts and methods appropriate to the discipline of political science through civic engagement and community development activities.
3. Distinguish the theoretical & methodological differences between the sub-fields of political science; i.e., American Government, Comparative Politics, World Politics/Int'l Relations, Political Theory, & Public Policy.
4. Synthesize experiential learning with political science concepts.
Political Science: Transfer Pathway
Associate of Arts
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details