The Pre-Social Work Transfer Pathway A.S. offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Social Work bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities (see list above).
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the 7 Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Students planning to transfer outside of the Minnesota State System are advised to consult with their intended transfer institution to determine transferability of the courses in this curriculum.
The Pre-Social Work A.S. Transfer Pathway will transfer to the following majors:
- Bemidji State University: Social Work, B.S.
- Metropolitan State University: Social Work, B.S.W.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Social Work, B.S.S.W.
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Social Work, B.S.W.
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Social Work, B.S.
- St. Cloud State University: Social Work, B.S.
- Winona State University: Sociology: Social Work, B.S.W.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Describe the history of the social work profession and evolution of its delivery systems.
2. Evaluate one's own attitude/ beliefs, personality, motives/ interpersonal skills, biases and limitations.
3. Apply the ethics, values, and attitudes necessary for successful social work practice through critical thinking and understanding of the role of diversity, oppression, and privilege in assessing and meeting needs of clients and interest in the profession.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of basic concepts, theories, and strategies used in social work, and apply basic skills related to general education curriculum requirements for the pre-social work degree.
Pre-Social Work Transfer Pathway
Associate of Science
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details