The Cinema program immerses you in the art, craft, business and discipline of filmmaking. You will explore nuances of Cinematography, Directing, Editing and Post-Production, Screenwriting and Sound. This innovative program uses a combination of aesthetic, technical and theoretical approaches to advance your knowledge of storytelling and the narrative form.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Effectively apply visual writing and social commentary for screenplays
2. Demonstrate technical competence with current filmmaking tools
3. Analyze and apply the historical and aesthetic development in the language of cinema.
4. Employ the basics of visual language in cinematic storytelling
5. Identify all the roles and stages involved in filmmaking and collaborate on production teams
6. Proficiently fulfill at least one area of a filmmaking team: screenwriting, directing, editing or cinematography
Associate of Science
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details