The Economics Transfer Pathway A.A. offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Economics bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities.
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the 7 Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
*Universities within the Minnesota State System include -
- Bemidji State University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- Saint Cloud State University
- Winona State University.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Explain the nature of economic policy debates and evaluate government policies used to influence economic performance.
2. Analyze economic problems and issues, including those arising in key areas such as financial markets, labor markets, and international economic relations.
3. Demonstrate the ability to use the tools and apply the concepts of economic reasoning, such as marginal analysis, theories of the firm and market models.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the basic economic problem as well as the characteristics, measurements, models and mechanisms of the economy and its markets.
Economics: Transfer Pathway
Associate of Arts
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details