The Associate of Fine Arts Theatre Arts Transfer Pathway offers students the opportunity to focus on gaining course credits that directly transfer to a Theatre Arts bachelor’s degree program at any one of the 7 universities within the Minnesota State system that offers the major*.
The entire curriculum has been carefully designed to meet bachelor’s degree program requirements for transfer students planning initial study at a Minnesota State college.
Students planning to transfer outside of the Minnesota State System are advised to consult with their intended transfer institution to determine transferability of the courses in this curriculum. Minneapolis College's AFA transfer pathway in Theatre Arts will give you training in the basic skills necessary for creative expression in the performance and technical aspects of the theater arts. The program integrates the artistic, technical and academic disciplines of theater practice. You may choose an emphasis in acting, directing or technical theater skills. You will also learn to interpret and understand global theater history, as well as contemporary and classical dramatic literature.
This transfer pathway in Associate of Fine Arts Pathway in Theatre, Theatre Performance, and Theatre Production and Design will transfer to the following majors:
- Metropolitan State University: Theater, B.A.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Theatre, B.A.
- Theatre, B.S., Minnesota State University
- Moorhead: Theatre Arts, B.A.
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Theatre Arts, B.A.
- St. Cloud State University: Theatre, B.A.
- Winona State University: Theatre Arts, B.A
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of theatre as an art form that recognizes and values human diversity in a variety of cultural contexts.
2. Create a capstone project that synthesizes both performance and technical components in a theatrical event.
3. Understand and analyze a play in manner that acknowledges and articulates multiple perspectives.
4. Write a detailed personal response to dramatic literature and theatrical events through the fundamentals of critical theatrical inquiry.
Theatre: Transfer Pathway
Associate of Fine Arts
Total Credits for Award:
Click for more details